A B O U T O R L E E
Orlee is a yogi, meditator and dog lover. She is a Yoga Alliance registered teacher, certified meditation instructor and leads mindfulness classes to both young people and adults.
Known for her combination of focus in alignment and yogic philosophy approach to teaching and practicing yoga, she encourages self-acceptance, interconnectedness, curiosity and stillness in her classes. Orlee’s great understanding of the body in movement began with a base in dance, aerial arts, solace in yoga and her own injuries. Studying further, she completed a Yoga Alliance 200hr Yoga Teacher Training and then extensive training in anatomy with Russ Pfeifer.
Fascinated with how the brain, mind and body proper work together, Orlee enrolled in Dan Siegel’s Interpersonal Neurobiology and UCLA’s Mindfulness Awareness Practices I & II. Having to dip out of work for almost a year in 2016 for some surgeries, she explored stillness deeply. Completing a 400hr Masters Certificate in Meditation through the DEN Meditation, she firmly believes in the healing powers of quieting the mind, in turn healing physical and emotional ailments. Certified to teach mindfulness to young people through Mindful Schools, she carries out her passion in teaching to our next big decision makers.
Orlee has assisted multiple yoga teacher trainings, leads lectures in anatomy and history of yoga, and has taught in adventurous scenes such as Tulum, Vancouver, and Ojai.
She is currently dwelling in Los Angeles, CA with her sausage dog, Louie and is excited to share yoga and realize happiness together as a community. Currently she offers yoga, meditation and coaching in form of weekly classes and one-on-one (in person or remotely) sessions for adults and kids ages 6 and on. Orlee leads events speaking on leading a life with present moment awareness. Subscribe for her newsletter to stay updated.
Certifications held in the following:
- 200hr Vinyasa with Liz Arch through Red Diamond Yoga
- RYT 200hr with Yoga Alliance through Natasha Needles at Soho Yoga
- Yoga Barre with Nancy Norby through Hot 8 Yoga
- 400hr Masters Certificate through Chandresh Bhardwaj, Heather Prete, Hilary Jackendoff and Scott Tusa at the Den Meditation to facilitate Mindful Awareness & Meditation
- UCLA for Mindful Awareness Practices I, II & III with Heather Prete.
- Mindful Schools for Mindful Educator Essentials to teach mindfulness to youth
- Yoga Nidra 90hr with Hilary Jackendoff & Gail Seckrettar
Extensive Training in the following:
- Yoga Sculpt with Deanna Ainsworth at Hot 8 Yoga
- Hot Power Fusion and Trigger Point Therapy with Natasha Needles at Soho Yoga
- Anatomy with Russ Pfieffer
Continuing Education in the following:
- Mindsight Institute for Interpersonal Neurobiology with Dan Siegel
- Jack Kornfield and Tara Brach's Power of Awareness through Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley
Assisted in the following:
- Soho Yoga's RYT 200hr Yoga Teacher Trainings
- Amanda Dykann's Tulum, Mexico Yoga Retreat
- Heather Prete's Ojai, California DEN Meditation Silent Retreat
Member of the following:
- Yoga Alliance
- International Mindfulness Teachers Association